HOW TO CREATE A P & T DOSSIER FILE IN WORD
The same data recorded in the Activity Insight Faculty Activities Database for Faculty Activity Reports (FARs) can be used to create P & T dossiers. The instructions below explain how to create a P & T dossier file in Word by using the preformatted “University Dossier” report customized for use in the Penn State University review process.
DOWNLOAD “UNIVERSITY DOSSIER” AS A WORD DOCUMENT
- Go to FAR – Activity Insight Database at https://activityinsight.psu.edu and login.
- Click on the “Rapid Reports” at the top right of the screen.
- Select the report to use: University Dossier.
- Select the date range to use (e.g., July 1, 2023, through Dec. 31, 2023 for a second-year review).
- Select the file format: Microsoft Word
- Select “RUN REPORT.”
- The report has downloaded in the lower left corner. Click and open report.
- Click on “Enable Editing” and click on “FILE/SAVE AS.”
- Name the file (e.g., Joe Smith 4th-year dossier 2023-2024) and select the folder in which to store it, then click on “SAVE.”
-The dossier file may be closed and worked on later.
-The dossier file may be opened for review and editing.
-Once opened, the dossier file may be printed.
NOTE: Expect to spend time editing the dossier file for the P & T review process.