University College Proposal Submission Checklist
Proposal Submission Checklist
Being organized is one of the important steps you can take to ensure a successful proposal. Use the following checklist to help:
Consider the timeline outlined below as the minimum amount of time needed for each step. Allowing even more time per step allows for a better review and more feedback on your proposal. See also Agency Forms and Guidelines (hot link: https://www.research.psu.edu/osp/prepare-proposals/agency-forms-and-gui…) if needed.
- 10 business days prior to the proposal submission deadline
- Contact the Manager of College Grant Relations to establish a proposal submission timeline and to start developing a budget.
- Review the Request for Proposals (RFP) to ensure all proposal elements are identified
- Check to make sure human subjects and IRB reviews have been addressed (if appropriate).
- Six to seven days prior to the proposal submission deadline
- Ensure the proposal has been prepared according to the format specified in the RFP (if appropriate).
- Check the guidelines one last time to ensure all required proposal pieces, including appendices and letters of commitment, are complete and in the proper order.
- Spellcheck AND read to catch misspellings or grammatical errors that a computer program will not catch.
- Finalize budget
- Five business days prior to the proposal submission deadline
- Send the proposal and all required attachments by email to the Manager of College Grant Relations.
- Provide your contact information to the Manager of College Grant Relations in case questions or problems must be addressed.
- Three business days prior to the proposal submission deadline
- Review and approve the electronic Proposal Internal Approval Form (ePIAF).
- Allow enough time for the chief academic officer, campus financial officer, chancellor and/or dean to approve the proposal prior to submission.
- Email the Manager of College Grant Relations with approval to submit once the review is successfully completed.
- Faculty and staff cannot submit proposals directly to the external funding agencies. http://guru.psu.edu/policies/RA20.html